Texas Burger | Hong Kong

Rating: ❤❤❤❤

I went back to Texas Burger recently to check out their new menu with notable burger additions such as P&P (Parma ham & Portobello mushroom) burger, Foie Gras Beef Burger and Pulled Lamb Burger!

Berry Lover ($49) - strawberry ice cream, raspberry, blueberry, whipping cream and fresh berries. First things first, no burger meal is complete without a hearty milkshake! I loved that it wasn't too sweet but the texture could have been thicker. The Tropical Forest I had last time was much better with a more acidic tone and aptly thick texture. 

Foie Gras Beef Burger ($168) - 6 oz. beef patty, "Rougie" foie gras, balsamic reduction, pickled red onions & arugula salad with toasted brioche bun. I was thoroughly impressed with this new burger! The beef patty was cooked just right as it was moist and flavorful while the structure was solid. I especially loved the foie gras and the balsamic vinegar while everything just came together perfectly. [4.5/5]


Pulled Lamb Burger ($93) - slow-cooked New Zealand lamb in rosemary gravy, lettuce, yogurt mint dressing, french fried onions, melted goat cheese and hard flour bun. This lamb burger could use some improvement though as I couldn't really taste the yogurt mint dressing which could have helped to balance the strong lamb gamey flavors in the burger. The concept is great though especially for those who love lamb. [3.5/5]

Verdict - the foie gras beef burger is definitely worth a try! I also noticed that the coleslaw here has improved since my last visit.

Texas Burger
109 Electric Road, Tin Hau
Tel: 2805 7811
http://www.texasburgerhk.com/


Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/supertastermel

Follow me on Instagram @supertastermel Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts